🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Another *edited* scam job posting
Page options
biasstudio
Community Member

Another *edited* scam job posting

Hello community,

I just found another **Edited for Community Guidelines** scam job posting on Upwork. The client in question asked me to download Telegram to conduct the interview on that platform.

Do not fall for these scams! There were clear grammatical errors in the questions they were asking. Large corporations such as Philips do NOT conduct interviews on Telegram.

Here is the job posting I am referring to: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please stays safe out there. I am disappointed that I had to use 6 Connect points to apply to this scam...

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kevin,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and bringing this matter to our attention. I have reported the job posts you have provided and our Trust & Safety team has taken action accordingly. Here is the help article to report suspicious activities (Flag as Inappropriate right side of job post). 

You may want to read our Community member, Wes's post regarding top red flags for scams to protect yourself. Kindly read this post for tips on how to avoid them.

~ Arjay
Upwork
the-right-writer
Community Member

You are right about the signs, but all you have to do is see "Telegram" and know for a fact it is a definite scam.

Report the scammer to Support, and you will receive your connects back when they see the scammer was trying to go off-platform.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

You were right ot report this scam so others can watch out for it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members