🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Asking for linking bank account
Page options
f42936df
Community Member

Asking for linking bank account

Hi, I am a newbie freelancer. I did a translator job that pay me 1200$ for 30 pages. When I ask for the payment, they said I need to go to the Worldwide Freelancer Agency to get it, and pay 100$ deposit. I have paid half of the deposit though.

Some of you guys said no to contact outside the platform, but all of the job that I found require to contact via telegram or email. Is this go against the rule?

Is this really a scam? Can I get the deposit back?

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

You cannot return "deposit". You was scammed. But you have violated ToS so not be surprized. Read rules or you will be scammed again and again.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can I get the deposit back?"

No.

You violated two very serious Upwork rules.

Upwork could terminate your account for what you did.

I DO NOT THINK that Upwork will kick you out. Because this was your first offense. But it is important that you understand your mistakes and don't do them again.

hoyle_editing
Community Member

This is a scam (AGAIN) 

Think about it logically- On what planet does it make sense to pay money to receive money?

If the "only" jobs you can find require you to go to another messaging app then they are very obviously trying to take you away for the platform. - Because they are scams!

Also, if they are offering an unusually  high price for the job, then that's another red flag.

You clearly knew you were breaking the rules as you have mentioned it. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members