Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Rate for Content Writing?

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
11 of 12

The Editorial Freelancers Association rates have served me well.

I hardly write for pay anymore, because I'm too slow to make it worthwhile. Editing is something I can do at a standard industry pace, so that's where I focus.

My one ongoing writing gig pays 18-26¢ a word, depending on whether I write long (usually) or short (fat chance!) within the client's format.

Oh, and if a job requests specifically requests "content" rather than specifying a subject, in the dustbin it goes.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
12 of 12
I usually charge by the hour. The problem is that I'm a very slow writer & researcher (which I warn people about), so the final amount doesn't work well in the client's favour.

Right now, I'm blogging about business and social media for a company and they pay me $22.22/hr (including Upwork fees).

So usually I make around $10 per every 100 words (minimum - but that includes online research, formatting the article, finding images, uploading to a CMS and optimizing for Google).

Then there's a charity I write for at a much cheaper rate ($15/hr), but I have to increase my fees soon because it's too low for me.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS