🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beware of SCAM project
Page options
2b67f1a9
Community Member

Beware of SCAM project

Hi guys,

I would just like to make you aware of the following scam project: 
Retype Screenshot Documents to MS-Word Format by **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I sent my proposal and they contacted me immediately after sending it. They sent a message on Upwork stating that I need to send a message to the project manager on Telegram. Please see the screenshots below:

And... no response since.

This person sent a link to a real company in the US, so at first it looked fine.

Guys, please please please do not do work for anyone who seems even remotely off. 

Just wanted to share.

Thanks

Charmaine xx

4 REPLIES 4
elisa_b
Community Member

Charmaine, as per the Terms of Service you are not supposed to take any conversation outside of Upwork before a contract is in place. Run away from any "client" asking you to use Telegram. Please remember this is a serious violation and most people get scammed because they do not follow the rules.

On a side note: for the same reason, your profile should not contain any contact details. I would recommend taking the Academy courses and learning how the platform works and how to avoid scammers, this is a very dangerous place for newcomers.

2b67f1a9
Community Member

Hi Elisa,

Thank you so much for your input.

I am still new on this platform so I did not know that initially, but once I saw that something was off I also went to the Terms of Service and saw the rules there. I immediately stopped all contact with them. Just wanted to share my experience so that other newbies don't fall into the trap as well. 

Thanks.

elisa_b
Community Member

Still, you should remove your contact details.

I met the same 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members