Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bids order

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Fernando S Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
11 of 23

It would ne nice to have a Moderator word on that.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
12 of 23

@Fernando S wrote:

Natash, do you contract freelancers? Have you actually seen how it looks?

Yes, I can see how it looks like. It's hard to keep up with so many changes.

The ones recommended by Upwork are at the top, but they don't necessarily need to have the top rated badge. I noticed that some don’t even have JS or feedback.

When clicking on “Upwork recommends” clients only see those recommended by Upwork

When clicking on “Applicant” clients see all candidates (recommended ones at the top).

http://screencast.com/t/Vo44WX12kf

Also, recommend freelancers have this displayed on their application http://screencast.com/t/XcJbi9jT

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
13 of 23

Hey Natasha,

Do the recommended freelancers at least fit what you're looking for or is this similar to the "Good Fit" program they had going here? I'm talking about the good fit program that they realized didn't work and got rid of it. I suspect, they just got rid of it to appease freelancers and then repackaged the whole thing (with the same algorithym) and called it "Upwork recommends".

I suppose freelancers don't know if they're recommended or not, so once again, freelancers get to waste connects. I figure most clients will just hit the recommend button and forget about everyone else.

I really hate these automated programs that somehow are supposed to tell who is capable of doing the job.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
14 of 23

Based on my experience, they're sorted by "Recommended freelancers" - in other words, freelancers oDesk deems a good fit. That is the tab it always defaults to for me, no matter how often I change it to sort it by newest first for example. I also only receive oDesk email notifications once a "Good Fit" aka "Recommended freelancer" arrives. I do not get email notifications for the other applicants. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
15 of 23
Having Freelancers who are also Clients is paying off in providing information that we would not obtain from CS or the Mods.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
16 of 23
And it's so much quicker. ..
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Fernando S Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
17 of 23

I wonder if we could see a screenshot of how a client sees the bids.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
18 of 23

@Krisztina U wrote:

I also only receive oDesk email notifications once a "Good Fit" aka "Recommended freelancer" arrives. I do not get email notifications for the other applicants. 

Here's hoping that these recommendations provide actual talent and are not - in any way - related to the recommended job feature/bot.

It seems I have turned into a web/app/whatever development whizz kid (expert???) over night - judging by my job feed and the (utterly irrelevant) recommendations I receive all of a sudden Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
19 of 23

Hi Fernando,

Bids are sorted by the best match, which takes into account the freelancer’s past performance and fit with the job. Specifically, the freelancer’s feedback ratings and past success at getting hired and delivering good work. In addition to, how well the freelancer’s skills and profile match with the job requirements. When a new proposal is submitted the lists re-sorts. So, the list will always be ranked by best match, no matter when proposals were submitted.

-Lena

Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
20 of 23

@Lena E wrote:

Bids are sorted by the best match, which takes into account the freelancer’s past performance and fit with the job. Specifically, the freelancer’s feedback ratings and past success at getting hired and delivering good work. In addition to, how well the freelancer’s skills and profile match with the job requirements. When a new proposal is submitted the lists re-sorts. So, the list will always be ranked by best match, no matter when proposals were submitted.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So an algorithm decides who is the best fit for a job rather than a freelancer or client. Interesting.  Wonder if its the same algo used for recommended jobs or invites from the customer experience peeps. If so, top rated status and high job sucess scores are relatively meaningless since the matches the system is sends me are not even close to my skill set, niches, ect. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS