🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bonus & JSS impact
Page options
tagrendy
Community Member

Bonus & JSS impact

I have a question for this scenario - let's say you have a project that was closed 11 months ago. At the time of closing $200 was processed. Then, 11 months later, a bonus got received to that project in the amount of $1000. This will raise the impact of the project in JSS calculation, I assume. Question is - would that project still stay inside 12 month window of JSS calculation, or if recent bonus is received - then it becomes a 'recent' project and is moved to 6 month window? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tatevik,

I would be happy to help. Please know that we group contracts in 6-, 12- and 24- windows based on when feedback is received on the closed contract, not when the last payment is made on it.

Your JSS can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.
For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

You can find more information in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Good question. I don't know the answer, just speculating: the contract was ended on day XX, which doesn't change if a bonus is paid. So my guess, it gives a little more weight to the feedback received when the contract was closed in the window were it was (still is) before the bonus was paid. 

I believe the dollar-weighing is a pretty small impact overall. 

(Can you still use your top-rated perk to remove the one feedback?)

I do have the perk, I am just utterly confused which project is the offending one. Never had this issue.

My JSS dropped from 100% to 94% last time, and then from 94% to 89% with this update. 

During the first drop 2 projects were closed, with one client super happy, the other one we had a slight conflict with. Which to me explained 100->94 movement. 

But this week I had 2 projects closed with both clients super happy. It is possible though that when ending the contract one of these clients has accidentally clicked on lower end of the private rating, since he had no idea he gave a private rating.

When I reached out to Upwork, things got more confusing. They gave me a breakdown of all JSS windows, and it turns out the 6 month window has 82%, so it was a significant drop. 

With all of this I am confused if the last client may have accidentally left a bad feedback or the bonus I received on an old project may have moved it to 6 month window. 

Hi Tatevik,

I would be happy to help. Please know that we group contracts in 6-, 12- and 24- windows based on when feedback is received on the closed contract, not when the last payment is made on it.

Your JSS can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.
For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

You can find more information in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tagrendy
Community Member

I see, thanks, that was helpful. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members