🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Boosted Profile Updates: May 2, 2024
Page options
celgins
Community Member

Boosted Profile Updates: May 2, 2024

Upwork recently announced an update to the way the boosted profile action works.

Boosted Profile increases relevancy in testing
"We have recently introduced some changes to how the Boosted Profile product works. We improved the ad serving algorithm and incorporated reputation signals such as 'Skills Match' and 'JSS' (Job Success Score) to ensure that clients looking for your expertise receive a higher quality match."

Okay, but I would have guessed that skills matches were already incorporated into the profile boosting algorithm. Or, maybe there is a definition for "Skills Match" I don't understand.

I guess the next few months will determine if the change yields better results for freelancers and clients.

2 REPLIES 2
khushbu_gohil
Community Member

You can read one of client post new best match function not giving skill match results, might possible that less changes but still have to think on it.

and if boosted profile have this facilities then what about skill tags which are available in every profile for search algorithm 🤔

nyonomega0
Community Member

I'm not sure how Upwork's algorithm handles 'skills'. I have, and I'm sure many others, received invitations to interviews completely different from the skills added to our profile.

The JSS makes sense; they can include private feedback, long-term clients, etc.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members