🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bot driven account moderation
Page options
kvardaman
Community Member

Bot driven account moderation

I am concerned that lately I have gotten 2 emails from Upwork:
1) Reminding me of client contact rules in your terms of service and
2) Another email saying "It's been a couple weeks since your last project on Upwork ended—we miss you!"

These concern me because it feels like something I am doing is triggering your bots to flag my activity as suspicious and I don't understand why. Not only do I have projects open and payments being made, but I don't feel I am doing anything wrong.

Now I am even more nervous because it seems nearly impossible to contact you. I feel like my near-term fate is completely in the hands of A.I. bots.

Kimble

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Kimble,

I understand your concerns and apologize for any confusion or concern caused by the emails you received from Upwork. Please rest assured that these messages were sent as reminders of our policies regarding client contact rules and to encourage continued activity on the platform.

This message was sent to active freelancers as a reminder of our policies regarding circumvention. This was not a notice that you've violated our Terms of Service.

We understand that receiving such emails may have led to apprehension, but please be assured that they were not indicative of any wrongdoing on your part. Our aim is to ensure transparency and adherence to our terms of service, and we appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to assist you and provide clarification whenever needed.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your response Pradeep but it does not ease my concerns. You say 'reach out to us'... please tell me how. Out of courtesy, I would rather have this conversation privately, but you no longer have any way for me to do that that I can find. All your "support" links just lead to algorithm feed articles and then there is this forum.

It does read like I can get direct support if I sign up for some sort of monthly paid subscription but I just can't bring myself to do that knowing that I've already paid you well over $12,000.00 in fees.

Further, if your bot cancels my account, or tells someone to do that, I have no recourse short of hiring an attorney, because I will probably lose access to this forum as well. That's a scary place to be.

No monthly paid subscriptions here to get fast support. You need some luck to open ticket. Then bot will reply you there with template within keywords in your message. Then will close ticket as resolved. Walk this loop until someone alive will read or get tired. Only this way available for everyone, who payd no fees or 12K fees as well.

wrote:

Thank you for your response Pradeep but it does not ease my concerns. You say 'reach out to us'... please tell me how. Out of courtesy, I would rather have this conversation privately, but you no longer have any way for me to do that that I can find. All your "support" links just lead to algorithm feed articles and then there is this forum.

It does read like I can get direct support if I sign up for some sort of monthly paid subscription but I just can't bring myself to do that knowing that I've already paid you well over $12,000.00 in fees.

Further, if your bot cancels my account, or tells someone to do that, I have no recourse short of hiring an attorney, because I will probably lose access to this forum as well. That's a scary place to be.

Messages like that are sent to all freelancers, automatically. There's no reason to worry about your account being cancelled if you haven't done anything wrong.

atlinguist
Community Member

Ever the optimist, I chose to view the circumvention reminder as a new kind of 'attainment badge': flag ten job offers for including contact information, get one reminder email! (*snigger*)

Question: Can we get more free connects if sending mass emails is that cheap? (Only a thought.)

Great idea! Read 10 spam messages, confim is read, get 1 connect for free.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English