🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Broken search, 'US only' removing US jobs
Page options
d26d5d29
Community Member

Broken search, 'US only' removing US jobs

Anyone else seeing US only search removing US jobs?

Just started seeing it this week. US only removes US jobs posted in the past few hours. Turned off, latest US job is 23 minutes ago, turned on, newest US job is 21 HOURS.

7 REPLIES 7
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
d26d5d29
Community Member

Same with cleared cache. Same on Firefox and Chrome.

It also used to re-order my saved searches as I went throught them, now they stay in the same order, just changed this week.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, Steven. Could you please share screenshots of what you're seeing on your end so we could investigate further?

~Andrea
Upwork
d26d5d29
Community Member

US off recent jobs 29 minutes, and 40 minutes.

US on recent jobs 29 minutes, 1 day, and 1 day.

There are additional jobs under 1 day with US off.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the screenshots, Steven. I believe what you're referring to is working as designed, let me explain. Clients who want to work with freelancers located in the United States can post jobs that only allow U.S.-located freelancers to submit proposals. This is what the US-only button refers to.

For example, this job post is from a client who is located in the US but is looking for freelancers Worldwide. And this job post is from a client who is located in the US and is looking for freelancers who are also located in the US only. This is why the first job post will appear in the feed with the US-only toggle off and not when the US-only toggle is on.

I hope that made sense and please let me know if I can explain anything further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d26d5d29
Community Member

Before it seemed to filter by US client, not jobs limited to US freelancers.

atreglia
Community Member

The only thing current on my feed is "My Feed".  U.S. Only and Best Match are uselessly old and have been for as long as I can remember.  I figured it was like most other things here and fell by the wayside.  But hey, it's a great way for UW to make a few extra bucks doing nothing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members