cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs with new design

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
21 of 39

Hi Suzanne! lol...it's my US passport photo; the one I sent oDesk when my ID was verified at my request in February 2011. Apparently, Upwork no longer performs ID verification upon request from freelancers. Now, I'm trying to find out how to get my phone number verified for additional credibility.

Ace Contributor
Bogdan P Member Since: May 6, 2015
22 of 39

Hello,

One more bug:

- log off from site;

- receive a message from anyone;

- log on your e-mail account;

- read the notification e-mail;

- replay or not to that e-mail;

- log on site;

- notice that the notification of new message isnt active.

A good day!

It's all about walking that extra mile when everyone else has abandoned the race.
Ace Contributor
Salman M Member Since: Feb 15, 2015
23 of 39

Please add back the css visited state to link/anchors on job search page as well as message page. It was really helpful before, and very confusing now.

Community Leader
Lillian T Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
24 of 39

Hi Salman,

Having the links change color after they have been visited is something that we have sent over to our design team. Thanks for your feedback.

Untitled
Natalia V Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
25 of 39

why new messages from new oDesk arrive in SPAM folder in Gmail now? I feel so uncomfortable that did not reply on time.  It was an urgent task and I'm failed! 

Community Leader
Pravin K Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
26 of 39

Probably many freelancers would have reported "upwork" mails as "Spams" without realizing it's from oDesk. And the mail might have contained some words and phrases that triggered Anti-spam bots to take action.

You can help them by marking it as "Not Spam".

Add the upwork notification email address to your contacts and use Email filters to avoid this confusion.

I guess everything will be alright in few more days.

This is what happens when oDesk decided to change itself upside down without giving prior notification to its members. They wanted to give us a surprise and it worked out very well.. A Nasty Surprise!!!

Pravin

Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
27 of 39

I have just tried to install Upwork Messenger app for Android, but Google Play says it's incompatible with my device (a fairly new tablet, running 4.4.2 KitKat version). What's strange though, that it says being compatible with my mobile phone, running 4.1 (archaic by today's ways). Will it be compatible with recent Android versions as well?
Thanks!

Community Leader
Pravin K Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
28 of 39

Gabor,

It happens. Tablets have different screen sizes and the app might not be able to fit exactly to your screen resolution. 4.1 JB is not that old. You can sideload the apk file. Do it only if you know the process very well. I am on 4.4 Kitkat and the app runs smooth. I hope the app is compatible with Lollipop too.

Do not download Upwork apk from any less secure or less known sites.

Regards,

Pravin

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
29 of 39

"Your ID has been verified, and now you're good to go!" 

My ID was verified 2.5 years .. Well good part about this is my notifications seem to finally be coming through my email, but why on earth did I get my ID had been verified lol?

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
30 of 39

^ At least you got that out of the way - I submitted the documents for ID verification several months ago and they're still queuing...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS