🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can Clients have 2 Upwork accounts
Page options
sajal36
Community Member

Can Clients have 2 Upwork accounts

I was trying to search for specific job post and in this process I observed that 2 identical job post from 2 different account which are reflected at 2 locations. Initially it appeared to me a repeatition but closure look it appears 95% to me that it is the same client with 2 identical job posted but 5% I discount for job post different location. Now as there is no job location mentioned in the job post so it is open for anyone from either of location too. My queries is as follows - 

1. Can client have 2 Upwork client accounts and post job separately from each account

2. Can client be at 2 different location at the same time and post idenitical job post from both the account.

3. If as a freelancer, I apply to these job post will be considered 2 separate proposal of 16 connect each or I will be charged only once as it is same client but different location

Client looks legitmate as one of the account have 70% hire rate. It is more about whether this is possible and it is as per upwork policy. 

What is your view point?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Sajal,

Thank you for reaching out. I shared your report with the relevant team. We checked and can confirm that both client accounts are active and no actions need to be taken against their accounts at the moment. 

We cannot share anything about why they have the same job post, but it's possible that clients sometimes check job posts for roles that they're also looking for or they may also use AI to create a job posting. 

It's a good thing that you're observant of these behaviors in the marketplace and we encourage you to continue doing so to properly vet your clients and only submit proposals to job posts that you strongly feel are legitimate and of course, match your skills and experience.

Should you encounter any suspicious user activity, don't hesitate to send us a flag so the relevant team can check.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Sajal,

Thank you for reaching out. I shared your report with the relevant team. We checked and can confirm that both client accounts are active and no actions need to be taken against their accounts at the moment. 

We cannot share anything about why they have the same job post, but it's possible that clients sometimes check job posts for roles that they're also looking for or they may also use AI to create a job posting. 

It's a good thing that you're observant of these behaviors in the marketplace and we encourage you to continue doing so to properly vet your clients and only submit proposals to job posts that you strongly feel are legitimate and of course, match your skills and experience.

Should you encounter any suspicious user activity, don't hesitate to send us a flag so the relevant team can check.

~ AJ
Upwork
sajal36
Community Member

Thanks Annie. 

Hend writing job I'm intrastid

92a02a7f
Community Member

Help job

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members