🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I work after time runs out?
Page options
shawnvw
Community Member

Can I work after time runs out?

My client had set my maximum hours this week for 8, and I've almost used that up. During our last meeting he agreed to extend it another several hours, but he has not done so yet and may have gone away for the weekend.

What happens if I continue to work with the time tracker turned on? Will he not be charged? Should I enter the hours manually instead?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shawn W wrote:

What happens if I continue to work with the time tracker turned on? Will he not be charged? Should I enter the hours manually instead?

No, he won't be charged. There is no point entering hours manually, not only are they not protected, they also won't be charged. NO time in excess of the weekly limit is charged.

If you fully trust the client you could track the time and the client can send you a bonus, but there is no way to force the client to do so.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Shawn W wrote:

No, he won't be charged. There is no point entering hours manually, not only are they not protected, they also won't be charged. NO time in excess of the weekly limit is charged.

If you fully trust the client you could track the time and the client can send you a bonus, but there is no way to force the client to do so.

asmaareej
Community Member

No. you can't claim hours and it's against Upwork Policy, you better ask your Client for it  

Asma A wrote:

and it's against Upwork Policy

It isn't against any policy.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members