🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can not get desktop alerts with Safari
Page options
spaghetts1
Community Member

Can not get desktop alerts with Safari

Upwork doesn't play very nice with the Safari browser.  Although I have clicked on Enable Desktop Alerts for this Browser multiple times it does not take effect and I continue to get that pop-up alert every time I log in.

I am on a Mac and Safari is the only browser I use. I don't want to have to log in with another browser only for Upwork. Are the web developers going to address these and other issues with Safari?

6 REPLIES 6
joansands
Community Member

Ronni - I have a Mac and I use Safari and I don't have a problem with notifications. What I really like is that I am notified on my Apple Watch. I don't understand your problem. If you log off of Upwork, when you log in again, you are starting all over. I just leave Upwork on all day.

What's weird is that I get them on my iPhone. But I have tried time and again on my iMac to no avail. I shut down my computer every night.  Are there further settings I need to make for the alerts to take effect?

stary
Community Member

Same problem here. It is very annoying. Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 2.05.20 PM.png

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan,

I shared your problem with the team and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you via a support ticket to investigate this further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. My desktop alerts were working perfectly fine 3-4 days ago but now they don't show up. I have all my notification alerts turned on but it's still not working

Thanks.

Hi Eman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members