🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't change country; can't verify phone
Page options
beehollander
Community Member

Can't change country; can't verify phone

So I'm an American living in Mexico.  So when creating my profile, I chose United States thinking I can do that because I'm an American.  So I filled out my profile page, but then when I go to verify my phone number, it has the country code for the phone number locked.  So I can't verify my Mexican phone number.

So now I can't complete my profile because I can't verify my phone number, and I don't see a way to change my country.  Any ideas?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Brian, you should now be able to proceed with submitting your profile for review. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~Nina

View solution in original post

103 REPLIES 103
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brian, 

I've changed your country to Mexico and you should be able to update your address to your current physical address, and add your Mexican phone number on your profile.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks Avery!  I really apreciate what you've done.

However, that doesn't totally solve my problem.  I'm now in a _different_ cycle.

I changed my address (with some difficulty with the city field) and now when I press "Review Application & Submit" it just basically refreshes the page.  No errors, no corrections, no warnings, just the same page as it was.  No flash message that says it's been submitted, no notice that anything went right.  Just the same form again, still filled out.

When I go to upwork.com when logged in, it takes me straight to that form and won't let me advance past it.

Is there any chance this can get looked at again?

Hi Brian, you should now be able to proceed with submitting your profile for review. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~Nina

Nina, kindly help me to change my country to Vietnam. Thanks

Hi Viet,

We've updated your country as requested. Please, update your account address as well to reflect accurate information about your location.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, can you help me change the country on my account to Mexico please? Thanks

Hi Constantino,

We have updated it from our end to Mexico. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I have made a similar error. I am American, so I entered the US as my country. However, I live in France and have a French phone number, so I'm blocked from continuing my account. Can you please help me change my account to France ?

Thank you,

rachael

Hi Rachael,

Your Country was updated to France as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Valeria, can you help my to cheange my country to Armenia. Becouse I can't compleate registration process.

Hi Davit,

Your country has been updated as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Could you please change my country to Serbia?

Hi Nina, please kindly assist me too - I am in Hong Kong but the system thinks I'm in the UK. Thanks!

Hi Justin,

Your country has been updated to Hong Kong. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
1db30046
Community Member

Thanks - now when I try to complete my profile, it makes me pick a city
from the list, but there is no drop down list... Please advise?

Hi Justin,

Could you please share the name of the city where you are currently located so I can check with the team? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
1db30046
Community Member

I'm in Hong Kong. Thanks.

Hi Justin,

Your country is set to Hong Kong, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

[image: image.png]

It's not the Country that's the issue, it's the City - there is no
drop-down list.

Thank you for the clarification, Justin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Nina,

When I created my profile I was in Rome, Italy and now I moved to my home country India. Can my location be changed to Bangalore, India please.
Once I change my location to India can I change my bank account details of Italy to India ?

Thanks in advance

Pramodh

Hi Pramodh, 

Your country is now updated. Feel free to update the rest of your address and your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks you Goran

Hi Avery, can you please change my country to Thailand?  Thank you. 

Hi Kevin, 

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I wanted to check if you're just travelling in Thailand, or staying there indefinitely? 

~ Avery
Upwork

I will be living her indefinitely for a long time.  Thanks. 

I've moved to Thailand so I'll be here long-term.  

Hi Kevin, 

I've changed your country to Thailand. Please update your address accordingly. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ani2189
Community Member

I am also finding difficult to change my country to Malaysia where I am currently pursuing my PhD. I have given input on the addresses and the rest. It's only the phone number, where I can't change the country.

Hi Anindya,

A member of the team will be reaching out to you directly to help assist you with this.

~Nina
a_blossom
Community Member

I am having the same problem. My permanent address is in the US but I spend about 25% of the year in Chile where I do not have access to my USA phone. Can you change my country to Chile so I can receive the text?

Also, can I change my country later back to the US when I return there?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexander,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Anyone please change my country to Bangladesh? 

Hi Nodia,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. I have the same problem as others. I initially created the account in the USA but now I live in Germany.

Hi Joseph,

I've changed your country to Germany. Please update your address accordingly. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Avery, I'm also trying to set up my account and it's giving me a country code of +212 instead of +1 for the US and I'm unable to change it, so I can't enter my number to be verified. Can you help?

Thanks,

Paul

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths