🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't connect with a private job posting clie...
Page options
8e728380
Community Member

Can't connect with a private job posting client

I got an email from a friend about a private invite-only posting. She did not see a way to refer me to the listing when she declined. Does anyone know how she can communicate with the client who listed this job and refer me to them? Chatbot is useless. How can I get a hold of anyone in support? I am going in circles here. I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
dataextract
Community Member

If she declined the job invitation and if she doesnt have any prior contact with the client, then there is no way to contact them again until otherwise they will invite her again.

n_pudikova
Community Member

She cannot get in touch with the Client who is private until she accepts the invitation and be able to chat. Neither it is possible to refer. So, first your friend need to accept the invitation, get to the messaging, and then refer you. 

You're completely wrong; you don't have to accept an invitation in order to refer someone else. When you decline, you're given an option to refer another freelancer, but Deepa's friend didn't do that - she just emailed her the job link. Her friend can't go back and accept an invitation after it's been declined, either. 

celgins
Community Member

Upwork does not allow freelancers to refer a project that the client has set as private/invitation only. I have no idea why since a job is a job.

See Refer A Freelancer.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members