cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see who has submitted a bid

brinkhus
Chris H Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
1 of 9

I am sure that this has been submitted before and I did do a quick search in the community to see if there were thoughts on this and couldn't find it.

Why can't I see who has submitted a bid to a job posting?

I would like to see who I am competing against. I want to know if they have good reviews, how long they have been using UpWork, if they have a detailed bio. 

I am a Freelancer Plus member - and I can only View Competitor Bids and See the minimum, maximum, and average bid for any job.

What gives? Is there a membership group that I am missing out on that provides this? 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 9

This feature was done away with a little over a month ago.  Check out the Announcements section

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 9

Hi Chris,

The list of proposals has been recently replaced with the ranges on job postings and you can read more about the reasons why in Lena's post here. Membership Plus plan will allow you to see bid ranges.

~ Valeria
Upwork
katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 9

Also just to add.  You need to change your profile pic to one of yourself or no pic at all because you will be flagged for policy violation.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
brinkhus
Chris H Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
5 of 9

Thanks, Katrina. I was not aware of this policy. I had changed it since I read an article on Slate recently that cause me to think about masking my gender. 

Especially after noticing that I was not getting interviewed or winning bids (with all things being equal in the bid - this includes price, experience, etc.) this caused me to take further action. 

Now that I can't see who my competition is, I have no way of knowing, if the bid I submitted isn't getting attention because of price, experience, or because of something else.

@Katrina B wrote:

Also just to add.  You need to change your profile pic to one of yourself or no pic at all because you will be flagged for policy violation.

e17ee05a
Chike O Member Since: Jan 15, 2019
6 of 9

Chris, I am right there with you. the main reason I paid for membership plus was to see my competitors bids. since that is not an option anymore I feel like got hoodwinked because that is marketed as a feature when buying the membership plus. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 9

Hi Chike, 

I wanted to clarify that this is a post from 2016, and these changes were applied on the same year. You may refer to our announcement post here.

When you are on a Plus Plan, you will have visibility into your competitor's bid ranges (high, low, average), and not the actual bids. 

~ Avery
Upwork
e17ee05a
Chike O Member Since: Jan 15, 2019
8 of 9
Can you please show how to use this feature, it’s clear?

Screen shots will be helpful.
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 9

Chike O wrote:
Can you please show how to use this feature, it’s clear?

Screen shots will be helpful.

When a job post gets at least 3 bids, you'll see a high, low and average number under the job post. You won't see it if there aren't at least 3 bids, so if you want to see an example go into your job feed and find a job with 5-10 proposals and you'll see the range. IIRC, it's right under the main stats that everyone sees like interviews and invites..stuff like that.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS