cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload profile photo!!

Ann Marie L Member Since: Oct 10, 2017
1 of 20

I am trying to create an Upwork profile but I can't becauase it won't let me upload my profile picture. I have tried everything and this is EXTREMELY frustrating because I can't create my profile at all without a photo. I am getting the message Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image." Please advise!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 20

Hi Ann Marie,

Are you receiving an error when uploading your photo? Please try using a different browser, make sure the photo clearly features your head and shoulders, check the tips shared in these two articles (here and here) and let me know if you were able to upload your photo correctly.

Finally, if you're still can't use the photo in question, please try using another photo.

Ann Marie L Member Since: Oct 10, 2017
3 of 20

Hi Vladimir,

I have tried all of those things countless times. I've tried 5 different photos and no luck. I still don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Ann Marie 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 20

Ann Marie,

I see you have an open support ticket about this issue. We'll have an agent follow up with you for more information and assist you directly via that ticket.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ashish B Member Since: Oct 3, 2017
5 of 20

Hello, I am facing the same issue. Please help.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 20

Hi Ashish,

Could you please let us know what error do you see when you try to upload your picture? You can include a screnshot if you have it.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kat S Member Since: Nov 30, 2017
7 of 20

HI,

I am having the same issue and have tried 4 different photos and nothing works. I have read and followed the recommended guidelines. The error message I get is that my face can't be recognized in the photo and it always comes in upside down or sideways. My face is the only thing in the photo and I've tried multiple different solid backgrounds while looking straight at the camera. 

Will someone please help me to I can start working? This is very frustrating.

Thanks,

Kate 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 20

Nice photo, Kat!

I just wanted to check if this photo was taken with a mobile phone? The issue of the photo uploading sideways or upside down usually happens with photos taken with a mobile phone.

-Avery
Untitled
Kat S Member Since: Nov 30, 2017
9 of 20
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes all the photos were taken with a mobile phone as that is how many photos are taken in this day and age. I don't have access to a regular camera so are there any other tricks I can try?

Thanks again.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 20

Hi Kat, 

Before doing the steps Petra has shared ithis thread to strip the meta data from the image to prevent it from showing sideways, please crop your photo first. I hope it helps!

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS