🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Captcha messages and time tracker issue
Page options
bestvina-martina
Community Member

Captcha messages and time tracker issue

Hi,

Three days ago,  I started to get Captcha messages on each page I visit (including time tracker window), and time tracker stopped tracking time. 

I read previous questions about this issue so I checked if

• Javascript is enabled
• Cookies are enabled
•  browser does not block ads
•  browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools

and that part is ok, but I still have Captcha messages and time tracker is not tracking time.

Also I checked if PC has a virus, and it doesn't.

Please assist as soon as possible, and thank's in advance

Regards

Martina

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martina, 

Captcha is a security tool that appears if we detect some unusual activity from a user's account, but this does not necessarily mean your account has been compromised. If you are sure that the following are met and the issue persists -

• Enabled Javascript
  • Enabled Cookies
  • Ensured browser is not blocking ads
  • Ensured browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools; 

would you mind sending the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page to share this with the team? 

As for the issue with your Upwork Desktop App, do you mind sharing a screengrab when you try to log time (making sure to blackout any private information)? Is there an error or notification you are getting on your end?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

The ID number located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page is: 6aaf80e84c83fc69

and this is how the time tracker looks like: https://gyazo.com/aedab781b4fe65ce7b42a7fa58f74f02

Thank you for sharing more information, Martina. 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your account concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your assistance. The problem is solved. In my case it  was problem with internet provider (IP address issue). I called them and they fixed the problem in few minutes.  

Regards,

Martina

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members