🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Challenges and Concerns on Upwork
Page options
bzuchemist
Community Member

Challenges and Concerns on Upwork

I have been on Upwork for almost a year now. When I first joined Upwork, I found it to be better than other freelance platforms. It was trustworthy, and I even got my first job within a month as a new member. However, due to some personal reasons related to my studies, I had to take a break from freelancing. When I rejoined Upwork recently, I noticed a significant change there. There are scammers everywhere on the job boards. Initially, I fell for some scams and wasted my connects. It's frustrating, as it's affecting the chances of finding genuine clients. The Upwork Help Center suggests that we should do some research about clients before sending proposals by looking at factors like "payment verification" and "hire rate." While,I have come across some scammers who have a history of spending $900. They have been inactive for almost a year, but now they are continuously posting spam jobs. When I sent a proposal to one of them, they responded by sending a Telegram link in my inbox. Some even promote links to different websites within their job posts, asking us to read an article on the website and include the last sentence in the cover letter. I am really fed up of all this. In my opinion, Upwork should not allow outside links. Clients who post a job but don't hire someone should receive a warning. There should be specific criteria for the hiring rate of posted jobs to filter out scammers. Job posts should not be allowed without payment method verification. Secondly, Upwork introduced the "Boost Proposal" option, which I didn't like. It seems to diminish the importance of merit and talent by allowing those with more connects to boost their proposals, even if others have better skills. What do you say?

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members