🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change to Milestone Setup
Page options
kcdermodywriter
Community Member

Change to Milestone Setup

A change seems to have been made in the way milestones are set up. I had 2 new milestones added by 2 different clients I've been working with for a while and both were showing "inactive." This has never happened before - when I asked them they both said something had changed and they were confused about setting up new milestones. It doesn't seem that Upwork has sent any messages out in regard to this. And, while I was typing this I just had another client tell me the same. 

Does anyone know if there has been an additional step added and/or what was changed? I can direct my clients to ask Upwork, but I'd like to know so I can help explain.

4 REPLIES 4
kcdermodywriter
Community Member

Okay, this is a bigger problem than I thought. Third client says he has funded it but it is showing inactive and not funded on my end. He wants me to deal with it and told me to contact my rep because he thinks the problem is on my end. Obviously, I don't have a rep as a freelancer which I told him.. going to message tech support but I think whatever change was made is something everyone needs to be aware of so we can get this resolved.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Karen,

We are rolling out a new experience that allows clients to see all upcoming milestones and add, edit, delete or re-order them collectively rather than making one change at a time. Please, see this post for more information.

I checked one of the contracts I believe you were referring to and it looked like the client added a new milestone but didn't fund it at first. They have now funded it. You'll see two separate entries in your Messages - one for the contract being updated (milestone added) and then a separate one for the milestone being activated (funded.)

~ Valeria
Upwork

Those sound like excellent changes, Valeria!

Thank you - I had a few really confused clients this morning but hopefully they understand how it works now. All three thought the milestones were initially funded but had to go in and do it again so I'm not sure what happened there but all is fine now. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members