🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cient rate issue
Page options
edgeof
Community Member

Cient rate issue

Hi i finish a work with a really hard client, which i told him to rate me after the contract was finished so he told me that first i should sent him a variant as we agreed, so that far it`s okay, then after i sent him the variant as we agreed, he tells me that he wants to change another thing, and i sent him with the variation he needed 2 more versions, after that he wants to change more of the design, i know he is getting advantage but i feel that if i go away he wil rate me 1 star because he is playing with that for me to work for him for free, i reay don`t know what to do i don`t have many jobs and already one client never rate me and my profile is at 85%, so that won`t help me to get future jobs.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ignacio;

I'm sorry that this happened to you.

It sounds like this client is a bad person who does not respect you as a person, and who does not respect the fixed-price contract model.

If a client wants to ask a freelancer to do all kinds of things, then that client needs to hire the freelancer using an hourly contract.

A fixed-price contract means that when the freelancer finishes the original agreed-upon task, the client needs to pay the freelancer for his work.

tlbp
Community Member

Ignacio P wrote:

Hi i finish a work with a really hard client, which i told him to rate me after the contract was finished so he told me that first i should sent him a variant as we agreed, so that far it`s okay, then after i sent him the variant as we agreed, he tells me that he wants to change another thing, and i sent him with the variation he needed 2 more versions, after that he wants to change more of the design, i know he is getting advantage but i feel that if i go away he wil rate me 1 star because he is playing with that for me to work for him for free, i reay don`t know what to do i don`t have many jobs and already one client never rate me and my profile is at 85%, so that won`t help me to get future jobs.

I don't think you should ask a client to rate you before the contract is closed. You basically told the client that you are desperate for a rating. Instead, ask the client to close the contract when the work is completed.

If you feel that you have fulfilled the terms of the contract, you may close it yourself. You may get a bad rating regardless of who closes the contract. There is little you can do to prevent the client from leaving the rating of their choice. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members