🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clarification on Counting of Completed Contra...
Page options
4455ddd5
Community Member

Clarification on Counting of Completed Contracts and Milestones

Hi everyone! I have a question regarding the counting of completed contracts and milestones on the platform. I have reviewed the information upwork stated, particularly the guidelines for obtaining a Job Success Score (JSS), and I want to ensure that I have a clear understanding of how my current situation aligns with these guidelines.

Currently, I have three closed contracts with three different clients, and I also have one open contract with multiple milestones within it. I understand that to receive a JSS, I need to complete projects with at least 2 different clients and have a total of four or more different contracts within a 24-month period.

My specific question is related to the open contract with multiple milestones. Do the milestones within this open contract count as separate completed contracts once the entire contract is successfully closed and paid for, or are they collectively considered as a single completed contract?

I want to ensure that I am on track to meet the JSS requirements, and having a clear understanding of how these milestones are counted is essential for my planning. Your clarification on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to responses. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Stephen,

I'd like to confirm that milestones are not considered contracts. Milestones, help keep projects organized, Upwork offers milestones for fixed-price jobs. Milestones are used to divide fixed-price jobs into a series of phases, due dates, or deliverables based on needs. Milestones are individually funded and provide a way to work through a large project in smaller steps.

Your JSS reflects your overall contract history with your clients and is based on your (or your agency's) relationships and feedback. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Stephen,

I'd like to confirm that milestones are not considered contracts. Milestones, help keep projects organized, Upwork offers milestones for fixed-price jobs. Milestones are used to divide fixed-price jobs into a series of phases, due dates, or deliverables based on needs. Milestones are individually funded and provide a way to work through a large project in smaller steps.

Your JSS reflects your overall contract history with your clients and is based on your (or your agency's) relationships and feedback. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4455ddd5
Community Member

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members