๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Client Ignoring Messages After Delivered Work
Page options
Chelsey S Community Member

Client Ignoring Messages After Delivered Work

Hello, this is the first time I've ever had this happen. I unfortunately sent the client everything to his email, but I did make him send me an offer for a fixed price job. It says he funded money to escrow under the contract. If I chose to get paid for the finished job rather than by milestones, will I still get paid in 14 days? I also uploaded the documents to UpWork to be paid. 

I also would like to know if I'm able to report his profile once I get paid. He had another designer do the same job but they sent an image for proof rather than a functional document. I think what happened originally is that he didn't pay and swindled another designer (me). I'm hoping the jokes on him since he funded money in escrow. I just don't want this to happen to anyone else. He was very professional when we first started working together and kept on trying to pay me through cashapp, wanting to stay off UpWork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Preston H Community Member

There is nothing wrong with a client ignoring your messages. Clients are not obligated to respond to messages from freelancers.

re: "If I chose to get paid for the finished job rather than by milestones, will I still get paid in 14 days?"

You are the freelancer.

You click the "Submit work for payment" button.

If the client does nothing, then all money in escrow (or the amount you requested when you clicked the button) is released to you automatically after 24 days.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Preston H Community Member

There is nothing wrong with a client ignoring your messages. Clients are not obligated to respond to messages from freelancers.

re: "If I chose to get paid for the finished job rather than by milestones, will I still get paid in 14 days?"

You are the freelancer.

You click the "Submit work for payment" button.

If the client does nothing, then all money in escrow (or the amount you requested when you clicked the button) is released to you automatically after 24 days.

Totally agree! It's more so that I am requesting to get paid after he approved the work via messaging, voice, and email. He stopped responding once I requested payment and sent the finalized documents. 

Thank you, happy to hear I'll eventually be paid! 

Petra R Community Member

It is quite unclear what actually happened here.

When you say the client sent you an offer, did you actually remember to accept that offer? When you go to "My Jobs" - can you see the contract?

Chelsey S wrote:

If I chose to get paid for the finished job rather than by milestones, will I still get paid in 14 days?

If you have a contract and you used the "Submit work for payment" function on the contract to submit your work and the client does not request changes, you will be paid the amount in escrow.

Chelsey S wrote:

I also would like to know if I'm able to report his profile once I get paid. He had another designer do the same job

Nothing wrong with that.

Chelsey S wrote:

kept on trying to pay me through cashapp, wanting to stay off UpWork.

That's obviously strictly forbidden.

Yes! This was the only smart thing I did, haha! I trust too easily. He messaged me first, I gave him a sample. He then tried to keep me off UpWork, I told him no and to send me an offer. So there is a job/ contract open and it is funded. I honestly do believe that he didn't realize he funded it. He was very professional sounding which is why I was taken back by him not responding/ ignoring my request for payment after I submitted the work on UpWork. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members