🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Sent All The Money as Bonuses
Page options
cfff9f97
Community Member

Client Sent All The Money as Bonuses

Hey,

So, i started an hourly contract with a client, i mentioned that the project will consist of 9 hours and in total it will be 135$, i made her enable the manual time and everything was fine, until she also transferred the 135$ as bonuses, so now i cannot log any hours on my contract and i think the 0 hour project, do not get a review on the profile.

Any solutions? i wanted the review. 😞

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shakir A wrote:

I only need to know, when i'll mark this contract complete with 0 hours recorded, will she be able to leave a review on my profile?

You don't "mark contracts complete" on Upwork.

As I told you: Encourage the client to end the contract. If the client ends the contract, they *WILL* leave feedback. Whether there were hours logged or not is completely irrelevant. The client paid.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Shakir A wrote:

So, i started an hourly contract with a client, i mentioned that the project will consist of 9 hours and in total it will be 135$, i made her enable the manual time 

Why? Manual time is not protected.

Shakir A wrote:

....now i cannot log any hours on my contract and i think the 0 hour project, do not get a review on the profile.

What do hours have to do with feedback? When the work is finished, ask the client to close the contract and that's when feedback is left.

In future, do a fixed contract with a funded milestone or do an hourly contract. Don't mix the two.

cfff9f97
Community Member

hey, i am aware of that, but the client is new, so i had to work with what she knew.

I only need to know, when i'll mark this contract complete with 0 hours recorded, will she be able to leave a review on my profile?

petra_r
Community Member

Shakir A wrote:

You don't "mark contracts complete" on Upwork.

As I told you: Encourage the client to end the contract. If the client ends the contract, they *WILL* leave feedback. Whether there were hours logged or not is completely irrelevant. The client paid.

re: "but the client is new, so i had to work with what she knew."

You would be better off becoming very familar with the Upwork systems, and then using that knowledge to guide new clients. You can tell a new client exactly what needs to be done, and he will follow your directions.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members