🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Testimonial not approved by UpWork
Page options
bf5d1a8b
Community Member

Client Testimonial not approved by UpWork

Hello
I'm joining what seems to be like a long line of freelancers whose testimonials from clients outside of UpWork have not been approved because the clients contact details 'could not be verified'. I provided both my client's email address and one of his two LinkedIn profiles (he is a professor at two separate universities.) A quick google search of his name will confirm that he is a renowned historian with several publications under his belt. My client was kind enough to take the time out of his busy schedule to write me a testimonial for the copy-editing work I did for him last year. The project was a major step forward for me in terms of my freelancing career. I am baffled as to why this testimonial was not approved and the fact that I have wasted my client's time with this, is embarrassing. I hope you can resolve this issue and approve the testimonial. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Akbal,

We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting testimonials from these clients. You can send requests to clients you've worked with in past.

To ensure the trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. 

You can use your profile overview or portfolio section to include endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. Make sure not to share any private or contact information.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

131 REPLIES 131

Hi Kenneth,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents has contacted you with more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
73846f5d
Community Member

Hi, 

I have requested 2 different testomials from my exisitng client as I am new to upwork and both are rejected by upwork, please let me know why they are rejected as I also mentioned the linkedin profile of the member. There is no such just get the mail of the rejection. 

Please let me know your thoughts on it. 

Hi Amit,

To ensure trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients when we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
343b898c
Community Member

Hi, 

I got the email from Upwrok that testimonial given by previous client  is not approved. I am surprised why the testimonial is not approved ? may i know the valid reason ? I have spend more than 5 moths developing omnichannel chatbot solution for this client and now testimonial is not approved, is there any way i can defend it ? I can provide support documents, my work link with this cleints and all. 

Hi Krishna,

To ensure trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients when we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Joanne
Upwork
343b898c
Community Member

Hi

Thank you for your response, if you have not found sufficient information,
you could request it from the client or from the freelancer to make sure it
is genuine or not ?

Please check the coverage of this chatbot

**Edited for community guidelines**and also check the testimonial of
this client in our company website**Edited for community guidelines**where I have
been working as a ML lead.

Hope this is justified, if you need further information please let me know.
I would appreciate it if you could come up with a valid reason for
rejecting the testimonial rather than saying we have not found
sufficient information.

If you are not happy or do not meet terms of Upwork with the testimonial
client has given, I am ok with it, this is a genuine client. I have
developed an Omnichannel chatbot ( in Web, Facebook messenger, What's app &
Viber) therefore it is important for me.

f33c91c9
Community Member

Hi, 

My client has shared a testimonial via the Link I had shared but still not reflected on my account. Please help.

Hi Madhurima,

It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2be20d80
Community Member

Hello, I'm having trouble proving my testimonial despite having an official document from the place I worked for. Could someone from Upwork please assist me with this issue in private? Thank you

Hi Margauxh,

I am sorry to hear about your Testimonial request. To ensure trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients when we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4aff9f8c
Community Member

I've done exclusive freelance web design and development and graphic design work for a large company for 14 to 15 years. I work directly with the company president. I am the senior designer/developer for this company. I sent the president a request for a testimony. He has left me 5-star reviews on Google, Yelp, and for my website. Upwork rejected his testimony because he could not be verified. I have a 15-year history of working with the president of the company. Since this company has been the bulk of my freelance work and is shown throughout my portfolio, not having his testimony significantly impacts my reputation. I have been waiting for his testimony to get approved before I submit any more proposals. Can you please look into this further?

Hi Greg,

We understand how you want your Testimonials to reflect on your profile and highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork. Your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. One of the team members has reached out with more information and further instructions on resolving the issue.

Feel free to visit the support ticket linked to your case here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members