🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asked me to pay $36 for creating Test ...
Page options
65aa2648
Community Member

Client asked me to pay $36 for creating Test acc on His platform and promising me to refund upwork

This marks my debut job on Upwork, involving testing the client's platform, which necessitates user subscriptions. Initially, the client requested $36 for a six-month subscription through Binance, promising reimbursement via Upwork. After making the payment, I noticed it was pending in my report. Then, the client insisted I pay $85 for a year-long subscription, which I couldn't afford. Despite my insistence on completing the initial task first, the client continued to press for payment. Now, I fear I might be a victim of a scam. How do I report this and retrieve the pending payment for the time spent on his task, along with any bonuses shared on Upwork?

3 REPLIES 3
bobafett999
Community Member

Think.  Are you here to make money or donate your money to a stranger?

Don't do it.  No matter how desperate you might be to get your first job.  You will never get it.

Or just follow rules. No need to think then because most of scammers will be avoided with. 😊

It saddens me to see scammers continue to take advantage of some freelancers. Unfortunately, this will continue as long as desperate individuals can't see something as clear and obvious. Why on earth would you need to pay a client to start working for them? 

Would you go to a store or restaurant and ask them to pay you before you buy something from them? So, why would a freelancer pay a client in the first place? The whole point of being a freelancer is to get paid by clients, not the other way around. But this principle applies to life in general. As Albert Einstein stated: "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members