cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client asking for refund after job done.

Highlighted
Tawfiq I Member Since: Jun 28, 2018
1 of 8

Hello, I am facing a weird problem with my past worked client. I complete my work and submit him as well but I didn't get any response from him at that time. Then after 13 days, I got my payment and he messaged me that he couldn't open the project file and be asking me for the refund. Then after some conversation, he told me to send the project file in his e-mail. So that I send him via e-mail. But after 5 days he told me now he couldn't open it!! Even I check the file several time with sarvle people! And now he telling me to refund within 5 days!
What should i do now?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
2 of 8

What kind of file is it? Is it actually possible that he couldn't open it for some reason (different OS or something similar)? Maybe you could convert it and send it over again?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
3 of 8

Yes Valentinal has right solution.  Ask him the OS and the program he is using.  If you are sending as a zip try sending one at a time.   I seem to recall I had some trouble opening a zip folder.

Highlighted
4 of 8

I don't think so, It's just a transparent png file.
Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
5 of 8

Your email is likely in his spam folder.

1. Hover over All Jobs and select My Contracts.

2. Click the job name.

3. Click "Messages & Files."

4. Hit the paperclip at the bottom left and attach the file.

It is now officially in the project file and he will get a notice that it is attached. If he still can't open it, ask him to explain what is happening.

Highlighted
6 of 8

Thank you, Charles K.
I asked him for a screenshot of the error page and he doesn't show that.
I also request him to explain specifically but he didn't!!
And I test the attachment e-mail which I send to him, I  forward the same mail to some of my clients they said everything is fine in this mail, they can open every file on it!!
What should I do now?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
7 of 8

An ethical client who was having these problems would OFFER to set up an hourly contract so that you can use a screen-sharing tool such as TeamViewer to connect to his computer and figure out why he is having trouble, and show him how to properly use the files you have provided.

By asking for a refund for work that you did properly, but which the client doesn't know how to use, the client is acting unethically.

You do NOT owe him anything.

This client is wasting your time.

Unfortunately, if he persists, it MAY be possible for his request for a refund to eventually result in you losing money.

I can't say that there is a simple way forward.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to offer to help the client out. Offer to remotely connect to his computer and train him how to use the file.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
8 of 8

Thank you, Preston H.
It would be the best solution. But I am afraid how can I explain to him the "remotely connect" fact, he isn't so well in communication. I don't think are is any other options without it. I am going to ask him for that, hope it will work. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS