🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asking for refund
Page options
dantehoroiwa
Community Member

Client asking for refund

My client was not clear with his instructions, I've tracked the time with memos and delivered the artwork. After ending the contract he asked me to deliver the file, and after that he requested a refund.

Can I just cancel his refund? What will happen in this case? It's the first time a client asks me for a refund.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Dante H wrote:

My client was not clear with his instructions, I've tracked the time with memos and delivered the artwork. After ending the contract he asked me to deliver the file, and after that he requested a refund.

If it was an hourly contract and you properly tracked the time with meaningful work memos that clearly describe what you are working on and good activity levels, the client would not win a dispute if it came to that. The refund request is not a dispute, so you can just tell the client that   you are not prepared to refund because the work was done. You can't delete the refund request, but you can close the window and apparently it goes away after a while (I never had one either).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members