🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client contracts
Page options
thepunkrockhobo
Community Member

Client contracts

Problem: I have a client who has recently accepted my milestone proposed and who has successfully funded the milestone. However, quickly after initiating the milestone, the client messaged me notifying me that they funded the milestone with the wrong credit card and that they'd like me to cancel the milestone, so that they can fund it with the correct card.

Now, I know this isn't my problem... But I do trust the client and haven't started any work yet. So I'm looking for the best way to do this.

Basically, I'm wondering if there is anyway to do this without ending the contract? Using the refund option? Does this affect my account/JSS?

Or, is this something that I should simply tell the client that they'll need to look into on their end since they've already funded the milestone?

Any tips would be mucho appreciated!

Thanks 🙂

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Joel L wrote:

Basically, I'm wondering if there is anyway to do this without ending the contract? Using the refund option? Does this affect my account/JSS?

There is no way of doing this without ending the contract, but it wouldn't affect your JSS provided the client doesn't leave poor feedback. No "refund" option either, if you close the contract the money goes back to the client automatically.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members