cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client did not pay me for my finished job

ann_rolette
Ann Rolette C Member Since: Mar 19, 2017
1 of 4

There is this **Edited for Community Guidelines** whom I've work as a market research and ask me to do the research and after i submitted i will get. I waited for almost 2 months and now already 3 months and even dont reply to my messages and email. What is the best thing to do?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 4

The best thing to do is learn how to get hired and paid as an Upwork freelancer. Obviously, you don't know because if you did, you wouldn't be asking how to get paid 3 months after you did a job. You can start by looking at this article,

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

and clicking some of the links in it. If you don't understand something you read there, then come back here and ask questions, but you have to study those articles before asking.

Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
3 of 4

You don't have a contract with the client. You were only being interviewed.

Any work that you did, you did for free.

As John has said, you need to learn how to work on Upwork.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Ann Rolette,

Please note that you shouldn't start working without an active contract on Upwork, which would be displayed under your My Jobs tab after you accept a client's offer. Please review the resources from the link John shared and let us know if you have any questions.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS