🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client paid UPWARDS for the hourly based cont...
Page options
Victoria G Community Member

Client paid UPWARDS for the hourly based contract

Hi! 

The client paid me upwards for the hourly based contract. There is no hours loged or screenshots made whatsoever. The payment is showed as "pending" on my account. The problem is he wants me to pay my own money to pay for his freelance via binance before the payment is in my wallet. So, he doesn't have an account and wants to use mine instead. How do I secure myseft, can it be a fraud? Can he take his money back? He told me he that pending means that I will surely get the money but I don't have any evidence that I have worked for this contract and I am worried that Upwork will refund him and I will be in a bad situation, he did not want to create a fixed-price contract either. Thank you!   

2 REPLIES 2
Milos V Community Member

Hi Victoria, pending means that the money is on the way to you but the client can easily just request a refund and as you don't have logged hours or screenshots his refund request will be accepted by Upwork. This definitely sounds like a scam so I would avoid it and report the said client. You should never have to pay money to get money for your work.

Ramesh Kumar K Community Member

If you are talking about your latest $500 photoshop work..

1. The client has just created his account yesterday only.
2. And for the hourly contract he has sent you $500 - may be through a stolen credit card
3. He has asked you to do a crypto transaction - which is a red alarm. So it is not a photoshop related task as described?

Surely it is a scam. Report the job to Upwork and block the client. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members