amanda9

Client response

How much time is allowed between the freelancer applying for a job and the client responding?  Are the clients' required to respond to all applications, regardless of whether the applicant is successful or not?

I have applied to 30+ jobs related to my skills, and out of those I received 5 responses back.  I know that there are thousands, if not millions of people applying for jobs, and possibly just as many clients.  it is just frustrating.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter

re: "How much time is allowed between the freelancer applying for a job and the client responding?"

After a month or two, job postings for which there is no hiring or interviewing activity are automatically dropped from visibility and are automatically removed from the contractor's list of jobs they applied to.

re: "Are the clients' required to respond to all applications, regardless of whether the applicant is successful or not?"

Clients are neither required to look at nor respond to job applications. Some choose to do so. Others do not.

When a client actually hires a contractor, the client is presented with an option to automatically close the job and an option to automatically notify the other applicants that their application has been declined because another candidate was chosen.

This is not the default option. Some clients choose to cause other contractor's to be notified that they have been declined. Other clients do no choose to do this.

re: "I have applied to 30+ jobs related to my skills, and out of those I received 5 responses back."

That doesn't sound so bad.

sivavranagaro

Few weeks ago I had a woman mailing me about some urgent task. I applied for her job some six months ago. She never interviewed me till that evening. It was bizarre.