cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client's Work History and Feedback Private? Mods please?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
11 of 15

Actually I was asking the Mods if this was a bug or intentional as we have always been able to see the feedback and names, and even Upwork when they hired the name is showing it is not everything set to private.

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
12 of 15

And I was being flippant too, out of frustration. I am not a mod, but even on Elance, a good portion of the jobs I have completed in the past year are set to private by the client. My guess is that it is NOT a bug, and is allowable. I also think that figuring out how to post a job and customize all the settings is likely a nightmare too, based on the side of this site that I see.

From my travels here so far, I just think Upwork has set the stage for the client to be secretive and have all the advantages, and freelancers have been shown no respect.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
13 of 15

Suzanne....

Although my previous msg was flippant, I do agree with you! One should be allowed the opportunity, if one wished, to suss out your prospective client. Many problems would be solved if that was the case.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
14 of 15

It has never been an option in the past. That is why I was asking the mods. The only jobs I have ever seen with information on payment amout were jobs  posted by Upwork. That is why I was asking if it is new or a bug.

Clients have never had the option I know of to hide their information on hires and payment amount.

Valeria or someone could you answer this pretty please.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
15 of 15

Clients don't have a Dark Score, so checking on heir feedback (given and received) is the only way freelancers can keep hemselves safe in an environment when EVERYTHING is stacked against them. So it is an extremely serious matter  that needs clarifying and fixing ASAP.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS