🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients ask for fixed-price contract, but...
Page options
02b27b35
Community Member

Clients ask for fixed-price contract, but proposal form displays Hourly Rate

Hi folks.

I found a job offer that requires specifically Fixed Price but was anounced as Hourly Rate: **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I flagged it as Inappropriate and wrote the reason. There is anything else to do in this case?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

Upwork ignoring this cheaters like others. I think connects must be refunded after client forced you to fixed with houry declared. Reported mamy times but always was ignored.

Clients, of course, cannot "force" you to accept a contract.

Yep, but this tricky slug can fish out money for connects\boosts and waste your time.

Lie in job post is a rules violation?

- Who will do it for 2-3 hours? I will pay $200\hr.

- I will. 

- Interview... Your knowledges, your exp.. questions, questions, questions, questions, questions, questions...

- Hey, hour wasted. Start contract and let's do it.

- Ok. Can you do it for $5 fixed price? It is easy job, i will give $5 for that, not more.

I think that "client" must be banned for this. But upwork took my money and ignore.

Hi Tiffany.
Yes, clients can't force freelancers to accept a contract, but they should post job offer correctly to avoid misunderstands.

tlsanders
Community Member

A job offer, or a posting?

It's pretty common for clients to post a job as hourly and ask for a fixed price quote. I think it is because Upwork forces clients to post a budget for fixed price jobs, and many don't know what the appropriate cost of the project is.

Hi Tiffany.
Is a job offer.

My point is: if client doesn't know the appropriate cost of the project, should post an hourly rate job offer, not't require a fixed-price, because is senseless and they are two completelly different job offer types. Otherwise, if client knows the average cost of the project, post a fixed-price job offer, with defined budget and wait to see responses. This is the way Upwork works.

How does that solve the problem? If I don't know whether a great freelancer with the skill I need will cost $25/hour or $175/hour, how does using that format help? Already I've seen others complaining the clients shouldn't be allowed to list big hourly ranges. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English