cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint against a client

Tarun R Member Since: Aug 2, 2017
1 of 17

I worked with a client. I have developed the website successfully. Client has also paid the full payment and ended the contract.Now after few days he suddenly came and asking for the full refund. He is saying that he does not like my work. 

I designed and developed his website in his own server. So everythng was transparent and he was checking eah day progress. Whenever and whatever he has asked to do I did it. Now he is threatning me that he needs full refund , otherwise he will take legal action in upwork against me. 

What should I do? 

Ace Contributor
Jae Sung K Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
2 of 17

You're not obligated to refund anything. There can't be any action taken since milestones were already released. Do expect some kind of nasty review though. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 17

Hi Tarun,

If you can't resolve the issue with your client directly and delivered the work as agreed, you don't have to issue the refund. Just make sure to respond to the request on time in case your client requests a refund through the system.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 17

Tarun, the client you describe is acting in an unprofessional and unethical manner. His request for a refund is completely unacceptable.

The client is not going to pursue a legal action. Don't let him intimidate you.

But you need to either be polite, or not respond. Don't ever lower yourself by responding to him in an unprofessional manner. But that does not mean you always need to respond.

If it was me, I would probably reply to every message he sends you, but not necessarily in a committed way. You can tell him briefly that you are taking his request seriously and will get back to him. Then get back to him with a question about what you can do for him. If you can narrow his requests down to something small that you can do quickly, perhaps you can resolve things more amicably.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 17

@Preston H wrote:

But you need to either be polite, or not respond.

He absolutely MUST respond, but as you say, in a clear, polite, non-confrontational way.

Zeeshan S Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
6 of 17

Hi Vladimir G,

I have issue with my client please help me what can I do.

Please check the below link of my project which I am talking about.

When the project is renning lots of things happne but we both sattledown. When the project is complete client not release complete payemtn which he was aggread what can I do. We need complete payment $40 is remaining.

Kind Regards

Zeeshan

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 17

Hi Zeeshan,

I'm sorry about the problem you're having on your contract with the client you mentioned. I wasn't able to locate the contract in question on your account so please click on my photo > select the Message tab and send me the contract title/ID, along with the relevant information about the problem you're having, so I can take a look and advise. Thanks.

Ruchit Y Member Since: Jan 11, 2019
8 of 17

Dear sir,

Myself ruchit **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I am new on upwork. but i am professinonal designer and photo editor , I got message from Mr. **Edited for Community Guidelines** to do a job but there was a condition to do sample job first. I did sample work and gave him 9 pics after changing backgrounds (I liked my work too). Then he messaged me that he have some problem on upwork and send me link for creating new account on other website. But he again wants that I have to do some more sample work for him on other website. When I denied to do their sample work again on other website and said him to give the work on upwork he disline me. You can also check my conversation with him and my sample work which I did for him.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 17

Hi Ruchit,

Thank you for reporting this, our team will investigate it further and proper actions will be taken.

Untitled
Ruchit Y Member Since: Jan 11, 2019
10 of 17

Thanks Goran sir,

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS