🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Completing a profile in the language in which...
Page options
Amanda S Community Member

Completing a profile in the language in which you want to find jobs, is it worth it?

Hello freelancers! 

I just recently up to upwork on a colleague's recommendation. I'm writing this post on behalf of a friend who is willing to do the same, however her English level is basic and she will mostly be looking for jobs in Spanish (her native language). As she expects to be contacted by Spanish-speaking clients, she's unsure whether to fill out the categories in her profile in English or in Spanish, which is why I want to ask any members of the community who regularly bid on non-English jobs what the best option would be, according to your own experience. Thank you all very much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Mykola A Community Member

It is allowed. I saw couple of profiles filled with regional language.

But unsure is you able to fill skills in Spanish.

Jeanne H Community Member

I'll see if I can find the official Upwork rule, but unless things have changed, your profile is supposed to be in English, because this is an English -based platform.

Edited: Here is the link to the very brief article, and I will see if I can find the official statement.

You will have more people read your profile if it's in English. Use another language, too, if you like, but have the English version there.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members