🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Concern about milestones and JSS
Page options
thgo
Community Member

Concern about milestones and JSS

Hello, I have a client that is not that responsive here at Upwork. He created a first milestone, completed, and didn't end the contract since I still have some work with him on a 15 days basis - he's always paying as a bonus.

I'm concerned if Upwork understands that I have no milestones active for this and my JSS is affected. 

Or since he's frequently adding bonuses, this won't matter?

I appreciate some help.

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Thiago,

Rest assured, bonus payments will not affect your account or JSS in any way. Once your contract is closed and you have received feedback from your client, it will be included in your calculation. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So, to clarify - if I leave the contract open, without an active milestone - and bonuses coming on a 15-day basis my JSS won't be affected at all?

petra_r
Community Member

Thiago T wrote:

..... my JSS won't be affected at all?

Oh it will be affected! After 3 months the contract will start to count as a long-term contract and have a positive effect on your JSS!

thgo
Community Member

Thanks Petra ... I was thinking that this was the reason for my JSS going down - a contract without an active milestone. ( but client keeps on adding bonus, so it’s “active” ). Probably it was a cancelled contract.
Thanks for the clarification.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members