🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connect System and Proposal Visibility
Page options
b168dd18
Community Member

Connect System and Proposal Visibility

Hi Upwork Support Team,

I'm writing to highlight some areas where Upwork can be improved for freelancers like myself.

Here are three specific issues I'd like to bring to your attention:

1. Fluctuating Connect Requirements:

When a job is posted, the initial connect requirement is high but it drops later. However, I've noticed, this requirement decreases within a short period, even before clients review proposals. This inconsistency can be discouraging, as it leads to wasted connects.

Example: I recently submitted a proposal for a job that required 12 connects. Only one hour later, the requirement dropped to 10 connects. Unfortunately, the client hasn't reviewed any proposals yet.

Suggestion: Consider a system where connect requirements remain stable after a job is posted, allowing freelancers to make informed decisions about proposal submissions.

2. Unseen Proposals and Wasted Connects:

Freelancers invest time and effort in crafting compelling proposals to increase visibility and secure projects. However, there's a concern that some proposals get buried and never seen by clients who might be a good fit.

Scenario: In some cases, clients might simply hire the top proposal without reviewing others, leading to wasted connects for freelancers lower down the list.

Suggestion: To incentivize quality proposals and fairer opportunities, I propose a system where freelancers receive a partial refund (perhaps 50%) of connects used for proposals that weren't viewed by the client.

3. Limited Monthly Connects:

The current monthly connect limit of 10 can be restrictive, especially when high-quality jobs often require more than 20 connects. This makes it challenging for freelancers to actively compete for the best opportunities.

Suggestion: To facilitate access to valuable projects, consider a slight increase in the monthly connect allowance. A bump to 16 or even 20 connects would provide more flexibility to entry level freelancers to pursue promising opportunities.

Thank you for considering these suggestions. I believe these changes would significantly improve the Upwork experience for freelancers and contribute to a more balanced and successful platform for everyone.

Sincerely,

Yaseen

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members