Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Refund for Expired Job

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
151 of 186

Freelancers get their connects back AUTOMATICALLY if Upwork itself removes a job posting from the Forum (such as because the job posting violates Upwork ToS)...

OR if the client closes the job posting without hiring anybody.

Valeria wrote:

"Connects are only returned when the job is cancelled by the client or Upwork team without a hire. While some clients take time to hire on their jobs and often come back to review candidates weeks after they posted a job, postings with no activity for more than 30 days are automatically closed."

burke_jn
Joseph B Member Since: Dec 19, 2019
152 of 186

Thank you so much for the information. To clarify, if the client hires a freelancer on day 2 after the posting; never cancels the posting; and then I submit a proposal on day 23, and don't get hired, I will lose my Connects. Is this correct?       

Being new to Upwork, I'm trying to understand if I need to also consider how long it is between the client's viewings, to decide whether I should submit a proposal. Once a person makes a hire for a project, I think they might put it out of their mind and not go back to cancel it. I just don't want to watse Connects (aka $'s). 

Thank you again for you input!

anuragprasanna09
Anurag P Member Since: Apr 23, 2018
153 of 186
Hi I am new here.

Will I get my connects back if I decide to withdraw from a job proposal after,3-4 days?

Thank you
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
154 of 186

Hi Anurag, 

I would like to confirm that withdrawing proposals will not return your Connects. We only return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

~ Avery
Upwork
alena_fedorova
Alena F Member Since: Jan 10, 2020
155 of 186

Hello Avery, let me use this topic and ask my question since you've been replying actively.

So, I've noticed there are some jobs marked as "Connects are refundable" and some don't. Does it mean that I won't get my connects back if that specific job posting expires or closes withouth any action taken by a client?

I think freelancers should get their connects refunded on literally every job posting that hasn't had any activity, was closed by a client, ended with just interviews and nothing more (free consultations are a bummer), etc. Thoughts anyone?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
156 of 186

Hi Alena,

I would like to confirm that Connects are refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ah298
Ahsan A Member Since: Jun 27, 2020
157 of 186

how to get free connects help me i am new on upwork

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
158 of 186

Ahsan A wrote:

how to get free connects help me i am new on upwork

You get 20 free ones when your account is approved.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
159 of 186

Hi Ahsan,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already used up the free connects you were given when you signed up. To submit proposals, you will need to purchase connects. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ahsanhaqq
Ahsan H Member Since: Jul 26, 2020
160 of 186

I submitted my proposal at a wrong job of 6 connects. How can I get my connects back? as no one has been hired on that job yet. I am a new freelancer. your little support can go a long way during this pandemic. Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS