🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
446c5ea5
Community Member

Connects

I submitted two proposals, but just as I clicked 'submit proposal,' I found myself outside of the top four bidding positions. However, I still haven't received my boosted connects back.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

As a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to Submit Proposals and let clients know you're interested in their project. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. You can check out this help article to learn about the available Billing Methods.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

151 REPLIES 151
df57c5b4
Community Member

Is it possible to win Connects on this Platform, apart from the free monthly connects.

There are only 3 ways. 

1. Buy

2. Subscribe to Freelancer Plus which is $20 monthly

3. Free monthly connects

Thanks, just thinking if i could win by other means.

df57c5b4
Community Member

Can connect be transfer from one freelancer to another?

Hi Olasumbo,

Please be aware that there are three ways to get Connects on Upwork. Unfortunately, transferring Connects from one freelancer to another is not an option. You'll have your Monthly Free Connects; you can also Buy Connects and Earn them.

Please visit this help article to familiarize yourself with how Connects works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8294d45a
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community, 

On which day of the month do I get free monthly connects? 

Hi Prajakta,

You will receive your free connects on the first day of your billing cycle. Please go to "Settings" and select "Membership and Connects" under User Settings to find your billing cycle. You will receive 10 free connects each month on that day. Please see the attached screenshot - 

connects.jpg

Do you get any connects with the freelancer basic plan on a monthly basis? 

Hi Prajakta,

Thank you for your message. You can 10 free Connect every month within 24-48 hours from the start of your billing cycle. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
1c8179b3
Community Member

I've upgraded to freelancer plus but I didn't receive 100 connects. I've received 92 connects only.

Hi Sugam,

Please be aware that your free Connects will be prorated once you upgrade your account from Basic to Plus. This means that we'll allocate them based on time, specifically on how many days have already passed during your billing cycle. By prorating free Connects, we can ensure that you always get a fair amount, no matter when you make changes to your plan.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f48aca18
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team, I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I have been facing with my Upwork connects. Despite submitting proposals for jobs that have since been cancelled or completed, I have not received my connects back. As a freelancer, I rely on my connects to submit proposals for new opportunities. When a job is cancelled or completed without a hire, it is standard practice for the connects used to submit a proposal to be returned to the freelancer's account. However, in my case, this has not been happening consistently. I have noticed that my connects are not being returned for several proposals I have submitted in the past few weeks. This is causing me to run out of connects more quickly than expected, hindering my ability to apply for new jobs. I would greatly appreciate it if you could look into this issue and ensure that my connects are returned for the jobs that have been cancelled or completed without a hire. This would help me manage my connects more effectively and allow me to continue bidding on new opportunities. Thank you for your attention to this matter. If you require any additional information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Best regards, Waseem Shaukat

Hi Waseem,

I am sorry to hear that you're having difficulty getting your Connects back after the jobs has been closed or canceled without hiring. 

I would like to inform you that the Connects are returned when the job is closed by the client without hiring or it is closed by Upwork for TOS violation. This is not applicable to expired jobs. 

I checked the last few proposals and can confirm that these proposals were archived because the job expired due to inactivity from the client. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Mr PradeepH,

What about Withdrawl proposals? i was withdrawl my proposal from one applied job earlier 2 hours. has my 9 connects lost? Or will refund?

6d562dad
Community Member

I applied to two jobs, While I was checking the update discovered that the client didn't hire any freelancer, His last seen the job 2 months ago, Now the jobs is closed and archived but I didn't get my connects back. Is this normal?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

a7a9c606
Community Member

I submitted a proposal for a job using my connects. and the client has suddenly closed the job. will it be possible to get my connects back?

No my dear!

Sorry to say thing that you consumed or spent can not be restored.

It's because the reason is your client

Not the platform

Yes you can get new connects as per playform policy for free or paid

Luckky

nyvermynd
b925c372
Community Member

I have not recived free connects despite 48 hrs since i created my account.

8294d45a
Community Member

I am facing the same issue. 

I haven't received any free connects for my free plan for this month. 

Hello Prajakta,

I checked and see that your current billing cycle is May 16, 2024 — Jun 15, 2024. This means that your cycle is renewed on the 16th of every month and that's when you receive your free monthly Connects. You may visit this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a37c1082
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team,

My name is Jennifer Abugu, and I am reaching out to you from the depths of despair. My Upwork account has been suspended for over a month, and this period has felt like an eternity. I have poured my heart into writing to Upwork numerous times, desperately seeking guidance on how to resolve this issue, yet my pleas have gone unanswered. Each attempt to withdraw my hard-earned earnings has been met with silence, despite the countless messages I have sent.

I am currently using a friend's Upwork account to post this message because I have been completely locked out of my own account since the suspension. The frustration and helplessness I feel are overwhelming. I am on the brink of breaking down, unable to access the fruits of my labor and at a loss for how to proceed.

Please, I beg you, offer me some guidance on how to withdraw my earnings. If there's any way to resolve the issue with my account, I implore you to help me so I can return to providing quality services to my valued clients. This situation has taken a severe toll on me, and I am reaching out in the hope that someone will finally hear my cry for help.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Abugu

Hello Jennifer,

I'm sorry to learn about your account status. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? We'll be glad to look into it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi all,

Does anybody know when shall we receive the monthly connects, I mean schedule?

Schedule is different for everyone. You can look at your schedule in the link below

Membership & Connects - Upwork

40bda79b
Community Member

I've lost my 200 connect

I recently bought it. 

What is happening?

Did you look at your Connects History?

357e8072
Community Member

I have yet to recieved my 10 free connects for the month that were outlined is there an issue with my account?

https://www.upwork.com/nx/plans/membership/index

Check your billing cycle start date. You will get those free connects on that date. Are you sure it is already been passed and you are yet to get those connects?

3b9f2e63
Community Member

Hi, hope you are good.

I'm activate Freelancer Plus Subscription. And 93 connects received 7 connects not received. Can you tell me how to get remaining connects.

When you go from Basic to Freelancer plus, the free Connects are prorated. You can look at the help article below.

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

ckloes07
Community Member

Hello I recently closed about 10 proposals because the client was not responsive, when do I recieve the connects back??

It is lost, dont wait.

Community Member

I made a new account rn but didn't got my first 50 connects yet.

89446dd6
Community Member

I recently submitted two proposals and boosted my bids. However, immediately after clicking 'submit proposal,' I noticed that my proposals were no longer in the top four bidding positions. Despite this, I haven't received my boosted connects back.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue and ensure that my boosted connects are refunded?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Saweera Khan

There are a lot of factors considered to send Connects back. You can look at this help article

Boost your proposal – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

b76e1118
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I am new to upwork and I have been having problems with connect. Is there a way I can get free connect?

Thank you. 

Hello Ezeh,

You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren't sharing all the details of what we consider "established." In general, it's a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past). You'll also receive 30 free Connects when you earn a Rising Talent badge. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
b76e1118
Community Member

Thank you so much Luiggi.

89446dd6
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I recently submitted two proposals and boosted my bids. However, immediately after clicking 'submit proposal,' I found myself outside of the top four bidding positions. Despite this, I have not received my boosted connects back.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue and ensure that my boosted connects are refunded?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Saweera

5e3dee98
Community Member

hi

I read that I will receive 10 free connects for creating an account and my current balance is 0 connects.

I need help. 

thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members