cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects

Ahmad Nafis H Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
1 of 7

I think 60 Connects,not enough for a new freelancer,as they have to apply more and more to get a job.they also dont have a good earnings from odesk,why they spent 10$/m

Community Leader
Bob H Member Since: Feb 18, 2009
2 of 7

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what you and I think.  oDesk is going to do what they want to do. 

Man Sad

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 7

Bob

I think that is an unfair statement and maybe you could have offered words of encouragement.

Community Leader
Bob H Member Since: Feb 18, 2009
4 of 7

I don't agree. It is a very fair statement, in my opnion.  It is true and it is relevant.  If you go back through all of the posts regarding connects, you will find a majority of posters bemoaning the connects system.  I wish I were wrong, but I'm not.

As new freelancer, he needs to know exactly how oDesk works.  They will only take advice from freelancers if it benefits the company, in my opinion.

Community Guru
5 of 7

What about all the freelancers who are happy with the system. Many are happy. I realize it affects you negatively but your remarks don't reflect my experience and that's an unfair thing to say to a newbie. Not balanced at all but very one sided.

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 7

In my opinon Jean is correct

When the connect system came in i really did not like it for sure!

What oDesk is doing is not only removing mass spamming of client projects / jobs but also helping to get rid of these $5 / $10 jobs. This will raise the profile of oDesk.

To freelances who like working for $5 / $10 can look for those's jobs elsewhere. But really  oDesk is doing you a favor as the connects system will force these low paying clients to pay more or leave (no great loss).

As freelancers will be less likely waste their connects on low paying projects / jobs.

BTW I am happy with the connects system as I think it really is for the greater good of all.

Community Guru
7 of 7

As someone who is new to Odesk you may be applying to the wrong type of jobs. 

In the next month I would consider choosing more carefully the jobs you apply to. 

As well, work on your profile. There are a number of warning signs there that would put an employeer off. Refine it and then refine it again. Look at the profile of other successful people in your field and see how they have compiled their profile. Emulate them. Don't start your profile with you are a student. I wouldn't say your taking a course. You either have the skills or you don't.

Why is your rate so low when the jobs you should be applying to normally offer far more money? Don't think that a low rate is going to get you a job, but don't overdo it as a new person with no history. Be fair.

Where is your portfolio showing what your work looks like? How is an employeer to judge you with no portfolio items. Take more tests if possible and if you don't score high, hide the scores and redo the tests until you have high marks. One of your test scores is terrible.

Try applying to jobs with clients who are new to Odesk and may be willing to take a chance on you. 

There is much you can do to improve your chances and then you'll find you won't need all the connects as you become more selective in the jobs you apply to.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS