🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cover letter review request
Page options
micr0design
Community Member

Cover letter review request

Hi,

I was just wondering what type of cover letter clients usually prefer: a big cover letter or a short one? I usually include these points in my cover letter.

here is my cover letter:

Hi!

Thank you so much for providing detailed information about your job. It instantly grabbed my attention and aligns perfectly with my experience as a senior graphic designer I have perfect skills to design a  professional brochure for you,

As you can view on my Upwork profile, I’ve completed numerous brochure design jobs with 5-star reviews. I’m excited to share with you some examples that showcase the quality of my work and demonstrate my versatility as a graphic designer.

Here’s what you should know about me:

I have been a Senior Graphic Designer for over 10 years, working on a vast variety of challenging projects in numerous industries. I specialize in business and commercial graphic design and have an innovative style that can adapt to any theme or concept.

How it works:

• 2 initial brochure concepts to choose from (with more available if needed)
• Initial concepts delivered within 2 days
• Unlimited revisions until you are completely satisfied
• Final files in all print-ready files including (Ai, PDF, PSD, PNG, JPG, EPS)

Looking forward to further discussing this exciting project with you.

Best regards,
Muhammad

7 REPLIES 7
73f433f8
Community Member

Length of cover letter  depends upon the length of job post.
Mostly the cover letter should be very short and reliastic just like a normal human conversation 
The best apprach is to add questions in the starting of cover letter so it will attract  the client to open your cover letter 

elisa_b
Community Member

Don't waste the first two lines with greetings and useless stuff. Clients will see only those two lines in the preview, so use them well to grab attention.

The main issue here, however, is that such a generic cover letter shouldn't even exist. Every cover letter should be unique and focused on the client/project, while all you do is talking about yourself. No client is interested in reading who you are or what you have done, they want their specific problems to be solved instead. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

75 words or less cover letters.

Cut to the chase so the cover letter is read.

Thank you for your response. Should I include the following points in my cover letter as a graphic designer?

How it works:

• 2 initial brochure concepts to choose from (with additional concepts available if needed)

• Initial concepts delivered within 2 days

• Unlimited revisions until you are completely satisfied

• Final files provided in all print-ready formats, including Ai, PDF, PSD, PNG, JPG, and EPS

No.

That information should be inside of a Project Catalog that clients can pick.

discobubbles
Community Member

Yes, make it as personalized to the job as possible. You want the client to know you are the answer to their particular need. If you are only responding to brochure design proposals, I suppose putting that in your response would be important, but what is their brochure about? You would want that to be in the cover letter. 

If the job posting is generic, this is a red flag that the job may not be a legitimate one.

James, thank you for your response. Actually, that was a generic brochure proposal, and I have different proposals for different jobs. I tailor them according to the client’s requirements.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members