🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Deleted account. Can't change email on existi...
Page options
a130378f
Community Member

Deleted account. Can't change email on existing.

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help quickly. I opened an account years ago. Yesterday I accidentally opened up a new account with a gmail address and added a portfolio. I finaly found the old account and deleted it. Now on the existing I can't change the email and don't want the gmail address it got set up with. I place in the email I want and it says already in use. The email address I want is in the deleted account. What do I do? I'm not a fan of google. Thank you, Eve

Eve-Marie Vrla
4 REPLIES 4
abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

Hello Eve,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble changing the email address on your Upwork account. If the email address you want to use is already associated with a deleted account, you won't be able to use it again for a new account.

You can try contacting Upwork's customer support team to see if they can help you with this issue. They may be able to manually remove the email address from the deleted account so that you can use it on your existing account.

To contact Upwork's customer support, you can click on the "Help" button in the bottom right corner of your Upwork account dashboard. From there, you can search for relevant help topics or contact Upwork support directly.

I hope this information helps and that you're able to resolve the issue quickly.

Best regards,

Abu Ansarul M wrote:

Hello Eve,

They may be able to manually remove the email address from the deleted account so that you can use it on your existing account.

This won't work. Only one lifetime freelancer account is allowed. The initial one.

sofia2008
Community Member

Do not use that new account. Contact support and they will reinstate your old account and delete the new one. You are only allowed one freelancer account (the original one). Having more than one is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service (even if other acounts are deleted).

NikolaS

Hi Eve,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members