cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destructive feedback

Highlighted
Mary N Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
1 of 8

Anyone else worried about private feedback? 

I thought the objective of feedback was that both, the client and the freelancer could improve their skills and their work ethics, but how can a freelancer know if a client is or not satisfied when the feedback is private? how can you have an honest idea of your performance if feedback is hidden from you? To me, private feedback sounds more like gossip and it only works to damage freelancers reputation in a very discreditable and unfair manner. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

Kinda. I kinda know when I'm get crappy feedback. The only time I wonder is when I get clients who hire me, pay me, close the contract and then disappear. No communication at all so I have no idea if they like or hated my work. Had that happen a few times. Have no idea what they rated me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
3 of 8

I have to agree.  Go look at my profile.  See the 5 star feedback?  Now look at my JSS.  It's abysmal.  Customer support tells me that is all due to private feedback.  I have no idea who or why.  Yeah, it's a depressing situation.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 8

I think we should all make a pact not even to look at our stats, and that we should tell all prospective clients that we have no control over our JSS and that it is the result of an algorithm gone mad, and that they should look instead, at our profiles, our background and our shining samples (that we send them) - and judge us on those.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sarah C Member Since: Jan 31, 2016
5 of 8

Now that makes sense.. I have the same...good feedback...CRAPPY JSS. Do the clients see our feedback?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
6 of 8

Sara clients can't see our hidden feedback, but they do see our public feedback with a magnifier.

Your JSS hmmmmm!!! let me think about thatptg00486898.jpg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 8

@Mary N wrote:

Anyone else worried about private feedback? 

I thought the objective of feedback was that both, the client and the freelancer could improve their skills and their work ethics, but how can a freelancer know if a client is or not satisfied when the feedback is private? how can you have an honest idea of your performance if feedback is hidden from you? To me, private feedback sounds more like gossip and it only works to damage freelancers reputation in a very discreditable and unfair manner. 

I don't worry about it, but I do agree that it's wrong. A client who posts one type of feedback in public and another in private has admitted to being a liar, so why should anything he says carry any weight? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
8 of 8

Well, I can't say anything about that, I had a totally different experience in my freelancing life. I was working with an Australian Company and we ended the contract with bad feedback and I said to them I'll never ever worked with you guys again and the outcome was very surprisingSmiley Very Happy they became my permanent client and I am working with them from past 3 years and they referred me pretty high volume of clients also.

Mary sometimes it works upside down Man Tongue

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS