🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Device is not recognized
Page options
bhuttaamna
Community Member

Device is not recognized

Hi there. 

Actually the problem is that I use upwork on my laptop. I have logged in to my upwork account and check the box of "remember this device" so that I dont have to answer the security question. But from last two days I am getting this issue that I can login to my upwork account but every I do so I have to answer the security question and get an upwork notification "A recent sign-in to your Upwork account (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) from an unknown device or browser." whereas it is the same device everytime. 

I am not able to understand this issue. Kindly help me. 

57 REPLIES 57
zztai
Community Member

I am experienceing the same issue 😓. I need to login every time and answer the security question despite ticking the remember my device. I'm thinking that this is a cookies issue?

Hi Zain,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. Feel free to coordinate with the team on this page to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ebf422ba
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue, can please anybody help?

247347f8
Community Member

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue.

Hi Sameh,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e24820e4
Community Member

I have the same problem.

Hi Theodora,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
c3eb20f8
Community Member

I also have this issue.

Hi Aaron,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing issues accessing or using Upwork. To rule out any browser issues please try the following:

If the above options do not resolve the issue, please:

1. Click on this link: https://Upwork.com/clearcookies
  2. Click “Yes, Clear Cookies”
  3. Then restart your browser and sign into your Upwork account

If these steps don’t help, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork

I also have this issue, everywhere. Brave Browser - mobile Android and desktop Windows. Same issue with "Brave Shields Down".

508b4842
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support,

I hope this message finds you well.

I've been encountering a recurring issue while using Upwork on my laptop. I forgot to check the "remember this device" box during login. Consequently, every time I log in, I have to answer the security question, complete the 2-step verification, and receive an Upwork notification stating, "A recent sign-in to your Upwork account from an unknown device or browser," even though it's the same device each time.

This has been happening for the last two days, and it's becoming a bit inconvenient. Could you kindly assist me in enabling the "remember this device" option or provide guidance on resolving this issue?

Your prompt assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi There,

We certainly understand your concern and we appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Community. I looked closely at your account and confirmed that you've enabled the security question option on your Two-Step Verification security. 

You may manage your account security to block unauthorized access and protect your account by going to Settings> Password & Security> Two-Steps Verification Option> Security Question> Click on the Pencil Icon to make changes. Please see this screenshot for your reference.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
canon193
Community Member

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same issue.

Last week, I deleted my web browser cached and since then, I have been always asked for the 2 step factor in my desktop everytime I log in.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Hi Le,

Are you logging in to your account via incognito mode?  Please note that the system may not recognize a login attempt when you log in under private browsing mode. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
canon193
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for getting back.

Nope, most of the time I am logging to my account via normal browser. I understand that the 2 factor authentication must be triggered in Igcognito mode.

I also selected this setting in Password & security but no luck.

When should we confirm?

When my login or activity seems risky

Thanks for coming back here, Le. I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
beaa3462
Community Member

I'm also experiencing the same issue.

Hi Bote,

Thank you for your message. We would like to know if you have been accessing your Upwork account through a VPN or incognito mode on your browser. These methods can cause your sign in attempt to be flagged as an unknown device. If you are not using a VPN or incognito mode, please try selecting 'Remember this device' when you sign in to your Upwork account. Let us know if you still face any problems.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members