🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dishonest Client
Page options
habiba-arif326
Community Member

Dishonest Client

Hi,  I am working with a client and he/she is quite problematic. I really need some help. Can I talk to any community guru in person? 

14 REPLIES 14
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can I talk to any community guru in person?"

Yes.

Come to Tempe, Arizona, to the Subway Sandwich shop on the corner of McClintock and Southern. Send me a PM when you get there and I will come to talk to you in person.

Short of doing that, you can post your questions here in the Forum and many Forum participants - guru status and otherwise - will be happy to help.

Or, as an alternative, you can-

1. Fly to NYC (3 airports available, none of them recommended)

2. Take the "G" or "F" train (subway) to Bergen st. in Brooklyn (don't ask me how to get to the train, you'll have to figure that out yourself)

3. Walk to the Starbucks on the corner of Court & Dean st

4. Text me when you get there and I'll be there in 30 mins or so. (I mean...if I'm not doing anything else)

5. Keep your head up and your eyes open!

Or maybe, as Preston has already suggested, posting your Q's in the forum here might be slightly more convenient for everyone.

Work smart, work safe!

Habiba:

You did not provide any specifics, other than saying you have a problem wth a client.

Just a quick tip:

As a freelancer, you can close a contract at ANY TIME. If there is a client that is being a problem for you, then you always have the option to stop working for the client.

Thank you so much Preston and William. That was really a kind advice. I hoping to get reply from a Pakistan based community guru but I think non of the freelancer from my country has reached this level.

re: "I think none of the freelancer from my country has reached this level."

The "status levels" you are seeing ("Community Guru", "Community Leader") etc. are simply automatically-assigned "titles" based on the number of posts a Forum participant has posted.

I would suggest that you don't need to pay any attention to these labels.

If you are having a problem with a client, you are welcome to discuss your problem here in the Forum. It is entirely possible that your problem is not unique to a specific country.

A client rehired me, and after two hours, that contract was suspended due to some problem with her client account. Contract resumed next day and I didn't get any message from her. All of a sudden, she messaged me that she would cancel the agreement as she has not seen any progress. I assured her that the work would be done on time and she didn't cancel. I was assigned to post 1000 short guest posts on her site. Her site was down most of the time, and I told her that as well( with screenshots). I encountered countless errors during the posting, and this contract took more than expected time due to problems with her site. She kept saying that I should change my device and I told her that the errors are persistent and she should check her site. Now all the work has been done, and she is not acknowledging that. How am I suppose to deal with her? I feel like I have struck a dead end. I have already done double work due to problems with her site. Should I redo the whole work which she is not acknowledging or end the contract and lose money? She was suspicious sort of a client from the start. She instructed me to start working on the first project, but she didn't fund the offer. I had to ask her to send an offer if she wanted me to work( she is not new at upwork). What should do I now?

re: "What should do I now?"

I can NOT tell you what to do.

I don't know all the details about your situation.

I will tell you what I would do.

I would stop working for this client.

She is wasting my time with her messed up, unreliable system and her contact suspensions.

I would tell her:

"Betty: Thank you again for the opportunity to work on your project. My circumstances have changed and I am no longer working on projects like this. Are there any final tasks I I can help with over the next few days?"

I would try to end things as amicably as possible, but I would definitely do what I can to stop as soon as possible. I don't trust this client.

I would get rid of this contract asap, but she would give me terrible feedback for sure. Maybe 1 star. Is there any way to report her? I do not want my JSS to get affected by her feedback.

To be clear, a person becomes a community guru or whatever by just posting a lot on the forum, it isn't really a qualification.  Some people even get made the Featured Contributor without really having contributed all that much but because other people who deserve it more...like say Renata...are shirkers.

If no one from Pakistan has reached Guru status I would be kind of surprised by that but you may not know who they are or they may no longer be active here.

You could still take a shot especially since your problem is with problematic customers.  Or if you know of someone who is from Pakistan on the forum, regardless of status you could private message them. 

Thank you for your reply, Mark. My problem is not specific to any region or a country. I was hoping to get a reply from a Pakistan based community guru to discuss my problem over a phone call.

HA,

I'm sure there are any number of Pakistani-based UW FLs (communtiy guru or otherwise) who are more than qualified to help you out in direct message.

If not I would consider most of the assistance you can conveniently find here to be an excellent, reliable and very accessible alternative.

Best of luck to you,

wb

Habiba,

Was this a fixed-price contract or hourly? 

Hi Nicola,
It is a fixed price contract of $90.

Habiba A wrote:
Hi Nicola,
It is a fixed price contract of $90.

Right, and in general terms, without naming anyone, what is the problem?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members