🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute with Client
Page options
hasandanish
Community Member

Dispute with Client

Hi, I have been actively working on upwork for around 3 years and have a top rated plus batch for over an year. I picked a contract from somebody on fixed price basis. The contract had 4 tasks with task 1 being the most involved one. I finshed the task and send to the client based on the info he gave me via link and during our first zoom meeting, in which he pointed out couple of changes which I did. In the second meeting, he wanted more work than agreed and as a coutesy I did it after which he requested some changes which Iade the same day. As soon as I submitted him the task1 second time, he changed the task scenario from what he initially described and was mentioned in the documents and wanted me to revise as per his directions for which I requested an increase in budget, he refused and wanted free work. I did not agreed and he ended the contract and requested a refund today.

Now, my issue is, i am inexperienced in this scenario as this has never happened before. What should I do? Do I accept the refund or file a dispute? Our first meeting on upwork zoom was not recorded but I have the link on upwork chat through which I can prove that not only I did over work as per his request but also that the task 1 described initially was turned to somebody else as per his last request for which he did not want to pay extra. 

This client also has a history of bad reviews which I got to know later

Please keep in mind that I have a top rated plus profile with 100% JSS for over an year and my niche is structural engineer. Please advice?

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

Reject refund and apply to dispute if needed.

You can remove bad feedback with your Toprated perk. Never allow someone to blackmail you for free work.

afaytaren
Community Member

File a Dispute if all the objectives for the 1st Milestone where achieved prior to the Client asking for changes.  If you have proof of the agreement on the first milestone and you have delivered this to the Client, you should be granted payment for the 1st milestone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members