cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing an Automatic Refund

Highlighted
Jennifer J Member Since: Mar 4, 2017
1 of 2

Worked with a client on a fixed price project. Great, went well. $50 bucks to me. I did extra work, she gave me a $10 bonus/tip. Then, she wanted more work from me, we agreed to a new $150 fixed milestone. Great. 

So, she paid a total of $210 and then closed out the contract.

Problem is, when she closed it out Upwork told her she'd be getting a $50 refund from me.  She's new to Upwork, and so when she set up the final milestone something happened where Upwork thought together the contrat was $150. Either the first milestone's funding went towards the second, or the thing auto corrected to $100.

We both agree the $50 is mine. The question is, what's the best way for me to get it? Should I refund it, and then she will give me a $50 tip? Do I dispute it? And if I do, what are the chances of a negative blow back on both of us?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 2

Hi Jennifer, 

I'm glad to know that you and your client have a very good working relationship. Since the client closed the contract, they will have an option to release the remaining funds to you or request a refund. You may approve the refund, and your client can just issue you a bonus for the $50. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS