🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do you guys keep the tracker on for meeting?
Page options
Rahul B Community Member

Do you guys keep the tracker on for meeting?

Hello,

I am curious to know, 
while doing the meetings with clients, do you guys keep the time tracker on or not?

If yes, do you guys, do it by asking the client? Or is it normal?

Thank you ❤️

6 REPLIES 6
Melissa R Community Member

Yes, if it's a project development meeting.

I work in a creative field and this is a major part of the story development process whether to brainstorm new ideas or nail down revision requests on submitted drafts.

I only do hourly contracts and this is part of my writing process. I need the client's feedback to make sure I'm on the right track for their artistic vision.

My clients are aware of this before we sign a contract. They can set the amount of time needed for a Zoom story session ( minimum one hour.)

I do respond to messages about the project but don't charge for that.

Unless it becomes intense story development that requires long, thoughtful answers.

Then I timetrack and charge for my replies to their questions.

But please note that I'm very transparent and upfront with my clients. Keep them regularly updated on progress. Always run new ideas by them to get their authorization first before implementing them. Or if I need to do research for their project, I ask for their authorization first.

I am extremely generous with my time and knowledge. Meaning I do extra work ( for me) at no charge to them. But this is at my discretion, not theirs.

Rahul B Community Member

Hello Ma'am,

Thank you for your kind response.
And sharing all the perspectives in detail. It was very helpful. 

Kind Regards,
Rahul

Isaac J Community Member

Yes, meeting with the client the clock is running. Dont forget to do some activity with the keyboard and mouse or the meeting time will not be counted as active 🙂

Rahul B Community Member

Thank you very much Sir, for this kind and valuable advice.

Mahrukh I Community Member

I don't bother tracking time during our first meeting, but after that, I always make sure to clock in for project updates and tasks.

Rahul B Community Member

Thank you very much Ma'am.. I'll keep this advice in mind. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members