🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does Upwork check jobposts at all?
Page options
Maria Belen C Community Member

Does Upwork check jobposts at all?

Screenshot_20230417-171554.png

I found this post when searching for new jobs to apply. Not that I'm interested -although I felt tempted considering I'm not getting contracts here (joke)-. 

I only search for "Spanish" and it appeared. It makes me wonder if Upwork checks anything of what clients post. 

I know we can flag the post, but I'm here to get work and earn money, not to work for Upwork for free (even worse: not for free, but paying them).

If I pay, I'd like to have the chance to have quality job posts to apply. I'm getting tired of the platform.

4 REPLIES 4
Mykola A Community Member

More jobs - more connects wasted. It is good for Upwork. Noone will filter or check such jobs. Maybe after lot of claims someone from Upwork will take a look. Or won't.

But language can be any, no violations here, english not a must. Is there some sort of swearing?

Maria Belen C Community Member

The language isn't the problem here

Preston H Community Member

The shortest, most useful answer is:

No.

Upwork does not check job posts.

A longer answer would include the fact that there are SOME automated filters and algorithms applied to the text description of job posts, to try to block some of the most common problematic job posts.

But that doesn't block determined scammers and other nefarious types who actively work to evade such filters.

After job posts are posted, it is essentially the responsibility of freelancers to flag job posts which violate Upwork rules. Then Upwork empoyees investigate and take down inappropriate job posts.

Clark S Community Member

The title (in English) should be flagged by Upwork as inappropriate and I'm guessing the title (in French) is also inappropriate. Upwork uses pattern-matching algorithms to detect unusual behavior across the platform, but maybe the word combination or text string is not yet added to its databases.

Additionally, the job post is inappropriate in that it doesn't even provide an adequate job description; it simply mentions a product.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members